By Charles Benninghoff, Founder – Matt Drudge sent out a tweet that sent shockwaves through conservative media outlets: “Obama got EVERYTHING. NSA dirt on Boehner must be incredible. Chicago wins.” Mr. Drudge gave voice to a question that we have been asking for years, and which many of our followers have asked us about as well. WND.com ran a headline about Drudge’s tweet which read, “Is Obama blackmailing Boehner?”
It’s a valid question. When was the last time that John Boehner supported any meaningful piece of legislation which is in line with conservative principles or the official Republican Party Platform? (For the record, the Republican Party Platform states, “We are opposed to amnesty in any form.”)
Why would John Boehner work against his own self-interest and against the interests of his own political party so consistently? Why does the GOP continue to lose every battle when they go up against Obama?
Boehner talks a tough game when the cameras are on, but then stabs America in the back repeatedly. For example, Boehner repeatedly allowed the House of Representatives to pass a bill repealing Obamacare, when he knew that the Democrat-controlled Senate would never bring it up for a vote. When the chance to fully defund Obamacare in the budget process came up in 2013, Boehner capitulated and left Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) twisting in the wind… and Obamacare was fully funded.
The same thing has now happened with amnesty for illegal aliens. The GOP just won a landslide election in 2014 and every winning Republican freshman campaigned against amnesty for illegal aliens. So what did Boehner do? He fully funded the Department of Homeland Security so they could process 5 million illegal aliens for amnesty!
The answer to the question of whether Boehner is being blackmailed might lie in Boehner’s own track record.
When Boehner became Speaker of the House in 2011, he was quickly embroiled in a sex scandal. It was reported that Boehner (married, father of two) had had adulterous affairs with a lobbyist and a congressional staffer. The story quickly vanished and the mainstream media refused to cover it. We are aware of no other Republican legislator who has ever been awarded this level of privacy by the mainstream media in the wake of a sex scandal.
Whether Boehner is being blackmailed by anyone is unknown, but he appears to have been doing Obama’s bidding since that time!
Everything else aside, Boehner’s moral character is extremely questionable. Boehner is a self-admitted drunk, which certainly makes him a more likely candidate for blackmail.
Former Rep. Joe Scarborough has stated, “After 5 o’clock, 6 o’clock at night, he is disengaged at best. You can see him around town…you can see him [Boehner] at bars.”
Former Ohio Rep. Bob Ney wrote in his tell-all biography that John Boehner, “Was a chain-smoking, relentless wine drinker who was more interested in the high life — golf, women, cigarettes, fun, and alcohol.”
Those are direct quotes from Republican colleagues who served with John Boehner in the House during the 1990s. When Boehner was speaking publicly about a budget battle against Tea Party conservatives in 2013, he uttered a prayer during a press conference. It was the Serenity Prayer from Alcoholics Anonymous! Perhaps that was the only prayer that he could remember.
While Boehner talks loudly for the cameras on every issue and sounds like a conservative politician, look at his track record on matters of national importance:
- Boehner has raised the debt ceiling for Obama every time that the issue has come up.
- Boehner raised taxes on the middle class for Obama.
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s investigative team stated that Boehner would not allow the House of Representatives to investigate the evidence they uncovered regarding Obama’s shady birth documentation.
- Boehner held up the Fast & Furious investigation and refused to allow the House to impeach Obama’s attorney general, Eric Holder.
- Boehner stonewalled the Benghazi investigation, helping the Obama regime cover up the truth about the deaths of four Americans and weapons transfers to the Muslim Brotherhood totaling billions of dollars.
- Boehner has refused to allow the House to prosecute Lois Lerner or any other IRS officials involved in the conservative-targeting scheme which thwarted the outcome of the 2012 elections in Obama’s favor.
- Boehner called Obamacare “the law of the land,” and then stood silently as Obama rewrote the law multiple times through executive orders.
- Boehner fully funded Obamacare and amnesty for illegal aliens.
- Boehner held secret meetings with Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to carve out a special exemption from Obamacare for Members of Congress and their employees in Washington, D.C. This was done after Congress discovered that Obamacare would be too expensive for their employees, while at the same time they are forcing private businesses and American families to pay for the same law. The truth about this was only revealed after Harry Reid’s chief of staff released emails about the secret meetings to embarrass Boehner (which apparently didn’t work).
- From 1991-2011, Boehner had a lifetime ‘B’ rating on immigration issues from NumbersUSA, meaning he used to be a supporter of strong national borders, enforcing our existing immigration laws and deportation of criminal illegal aliens. In 2014, Boehner earned an F-, the lowest possible grade.
- In spite of Obama committing at least 64 documented impeachable offenses during his first term in office, Boehner has stated that he has no interest in pursuing Articles of Impeachment, even with a Republican majority in the Senate.
Boehner is unfit AND unwilling to lead the conservative opposition to Obama’s radical, progressive lame-duck agenda. He has given Obama everything he wants on every matter of substance since 2011, in spite of the Republican House majority having the power of the purse-strings.
John Boehner fails at all of God’s standards for representative leadership in Exodus 18:21, which requires that leaders be “able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness.” With his low moral character, Boehner is desperately in need of salvation and redemption; but until that time comes, he must be removed from power.